VIBE is “Volunteers in Buckeye Education”
The VIBE program is a positive way to enhance the education experience for all students within the Buckeye Elementary School District by providing Parents, Guardians, and Community members the opportunity to be more engaged within our schools.
Volunteering does not have to be limited to a specific event.
Our school welcomes individuals who have a desire to help:
- In the Classroom
- At sporting events
- With the Parent Teacher Organization
- Reading to/with students
- Chaperone for class field trips
How to get started:
Attend the one-hour Orientation. During Orientation you will fill out the volunteer application and be fingerprinted. (Please have a photo ID with you) **Note: if you have a fingerprint clearance card please bring to the Orientation.
Volunteer Orientation will be conducted at the District Office from 9-10:30 a.m. on the following dates:
Friday, September 6th
Friday, October 4th
Friday November 1st
Friday December 6th
Friday, January 10th
Friday, February 7th
Friday, March 6th
Friday, April 3rd
Friday, May 1st
- After Orientation the District Office will request a background check and send your fingerprints into the Department of Public Safety.
- Background checks take 2-5 days and Fingerprint clearance takes 4-8 weeks. (Please plan accordingly)
- Once everything has been returned and your background check has been cleared the district office will update the volunteer database and notify you.
- Once cleared Volunteers may chaperone field trips.
Let us know how you would like to help as a volunteer or if you have any specialties that you would like to share within our school.
For more information about Volunteer Opportunities contact:
BESD Volunteer Coordinator