JFB © OPEN ENROLLMENT
To have a better understanding about the Open Enrollment process, please read the information packet BEFORE applying.
Open Enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their attendance area. In accordance with state law, the District has established an open enrollment policy and implemented an open enrollment program without charging tuition for non-resident students and resident transfer students.
The Open Enrollment Application is NOT for school registration. CLICK HERE for online student registration and information.
- To determine your elementary school boundary, CLICK HERE
- For school capacity and program capacity numbers, CLICK HERE
- More information on BESD Open Enrollment, CLICK HERE
The District has an open-enrollment program as set forth in A.R.S. 15-816 et seq. The open enrollment program described in this policy shall be placed on the District website and made available to the public on request.
Open-Enrollment_Eng - PDF
Open-Enrollment_Span - PDF
- The school administration will verify capacity and determine eligibility for Open Enrollment. Students unable to open enroll due to lack of capacity will be placed on a wait list.
- When capacity becomes available, school administration will approve student open enrollment from the wait list following procedures outlined in Governing Board Policy JFB.
- If the application is approved by your requested school, you will receive notification from the front office.
- School registration will take place at the approved school AFTER you receive notification of Open Enrollment approval from the school. CLICK HERE for the Student Registration and Enrollment Information.
Open Enrollment Calendar
Early Open Enrollment Period — Prior to March 1st
For any application submitted before March 1st, the student will be notified of the acceptance decision by April 15th. If accepted, the school requests confirmation within two weeks of notification that the student will attend. The names of applicants who are not accepted will be placed on a waiting list.
Regular Open Enrollment Period — March 1st to Start of School
If space is available, schools will continue to accept and approve open enrollment applications. If there is a lack of capacity, parents/guardians will be notified and students will be placed on a waiting list to be selected per governing board policy when capacity is available.
Open Enrollment During Current School Year
An application for the current school year will be acted upon following Governing Board Policy JFB.