We are committed to equipping parents and caregivers with skills and confidence to guide their young child’s development and successful learning ability. The center provides services to family and community members of all ages, free of charge.
A Christmas “Cause” Volunteer Opportunities
Banner Children’s HealthMobile
Every Monday from 9am – 4pm
Banner Health provides health services to uninsured
children, 18 and younger, in the valley. This service is free and
a bilingual scheduler will be available to assist you.
For the availability: 480.412.6344
Programs and Classes
Developmental & Sensory Screenings
This is an opportunity to have your child tested developmentally to gauge whether the child meets appropriate milestones in the birth to 5 age group. The vision and hearing testing can serve as an early detection to problems in learning. All tests are FREE, please call (623) 925-3911 to set up an appointment.
March 2020 – PDF
Marzo 2020 – PDF
Did You Know?
- Learning begins at birth.
- Parents are a child”s first teacher.
- 90% of a child’s brain develops by age 5.
- Strong families are the building blocks of a strong society.
- Critical skills, like motivation, focus, and self-esteem, take root from birth to 5 years old.
- Children exposed to high quality early education are 70% less likely to commit a violent crime by age 18.
- Healthy children are less likely to miss school days.
- Everyone benefits when more kids arrive at school prepared to succeed.
- Good health is the foundation for child development.
210 S. 6th Street – Bldg. 700
Buckeye, Arizona 85326
(On the Grounds of Buckeye Elementary School)
Phone 623-925-3911 (map)
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Buckeye Family Resource Center Contact Information
Dr. Fred Lugo
Family Resource Center Director
Rachel Sanders, MSW, NASW
Outreach & Parent Awareness Specialists:
- Harquahala Valley Fire District
- Monday 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saddle Mountain District
- Ruth Fisher Middle School
- Wednesday 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Winters Wells Elementary School
- Thursday 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Ruth Fisher Middle School
- Rainbow Valley Fire Station
- Tuesday 10:00 – 11:30 am
- West-MEC (New Location)
- Friday 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Adelante WIC
- Arizona Learning Institute
- Arizona’s Children Association
- Banner Children HealthMobile
- Birth-Five Helpline
- Catholic Charities Westside Head Start
- Central Arizona Kinship Care Coalition
- Child & Family Resources-Building Bright Futures & Building Bright Futures Special Needs
- DUET- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- First Things First
- Mission of Mercy Mobile Medical Clinic
- Read on Arizona
- Southwest Behavioral Health Services
- Southwest Family Advocacy Center
- Southwest Human Development
- Way Out West Coalition
Where Can I?
- Get a food handlers card?
- Get a CPR certification?
- Get help with a resume?
- Get help with an interview?
- Get help with transportation?
- Find immunization locations?
West Valley Job Opportunities
- Financial Resources and Discounts for Military Families
- American Legion
- Arizona Coalition for Military Families
- Manna House
- Military One Source
- Military Warriors Support Foundation
- Operation Homefront
- Operation Ward 57
- Retired Enlisted Association
- Wounded Warrior Project
- What Veterans Should Know About Sleep