Bus Procedures and Rules:
In addition to adhering to our behavioral rules as outlined in the Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (PBIS), the following rules are for all students to follow while traveling in the school bus. These rules pertain to all students involved in bus activities, i.e. to and from school, field trips, after-school games, etc.
- Students will stay seated and out of aisles until the bus stops.
- Students will keep all body parts inside the bus.
- Students will refrain from any behavior that distracts the bus driver.
- Students will refrain from eating, gum chewing, and spitting.
- Students will refrain from having glass containers.
- Students will refrain from throwing objects; littering; throwing anything out of the bus windows.
- Students will refrain from bringing any animals on the bus.
All students will board the bus at their assigned bus stop. The bus driver reserves the right to refuse service to students attempting to board the bus at a location other than the assigned bus stop.
Suspension of transportation privileges will be executed in instances of continued disregard of rules and/or behavioral infractions while on the bus or at the designated bus stop.
School Board Policy EE:
- Transportation of students is a privilege extended to students in the District, and not a statutory requirement except for necessary transportation of students with disabilities as indicated in their respective individual education plans.
Maintenance & Transportation Director
Special Systems Coordinator